As we prepare for retirement, we need to reflect on our current lifestyle behaviours.
A change to how we live our life can reduce our chances of developing:
- Heart Disease
- Lung Disease
- Other forms of ill-health.
Tips on Lifestyle Behaviours
- Sit less and move more: Be conscious of the length of time you spend sitting. Get up and stand and stretch.
- Design a physical activity pattern that suits your condition and work on taking 30 minutes exercise at least 5 times a week. Take a look at this website: getirelandactive.ie
- Don’t smoke and if you do then try and quit smoking which is the best thing you can do to improve your health.
- To find out more about good healthy eating habits take a look at this Food Pyramid: